- RegionCôte de Nuits
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone.
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 14-16°
- Located between Dijon and Gevrey-Chambertin, Fixin (pronounced "Fissin") is one of the northernmost appellations of the Côte de Nuits. Its vineyards are based on a clay-limestone marly soil and are mostly exposed to the east. Less known than its neighbors, it represents excellent value for money. Powerful and structured wine, Fixin will be perfect after a few years of aging.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats.
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in stainless steel vats.
- Tasting NoteOf a deep garnet color, our Fixin 2020 offers a perfume of blackberries and spices. Its ample and round mouth with silky tannins reveals flavors of black cherry and mocha. Nice freshness on the finish.
- Food PairingRed meat - game meat - mature cheeses.