- RegionCôte de Nuits
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilClay and limestone.
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential5-8 years
- Serving temperature 14-16°
- Located between Dijon and Gevrey-Chambertin, Fixin (pronounced "Fissin") is one of the northernmost appellations of the Côte de Nuits. Its vineyards are based on a clay-limestone marly soil and are mostly exposed to the east. Less known than its neighbors, it represents excellent value for money. Powerful and structured wine, Fixin will be perfect after a few years of aging.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats, 100% malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels (mainly one year old barrels).
- Tasting NoteWith its profond ruby color, our Fixin displays roasted notes and undergrowth aromas. Fresh on the palate, it unveils black cherry and liquorice aromas with hints of grilled notes. Silky tannins.
- Food PairingRed meat - game meat - mature cheeses.