- VillageCrus du Beaujolais
- Grape varietyGamay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilPink granite and schist
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 13-15°
- Fleurie is one of the 10 individual growths in the Beaujolais that constitute the highest ranking wines of the area. The vineyard of "Les Garans" is situated to the north-east of the village of Fleurie. It is acknowledged as one of the finest sites for growing top quality grapes because of its combination of unique soil composition and having a very specific microclimate. Once harvested, by hand, the fruit is fermented in whole bunches of grapes in open vats. Fleurie "Les Garans" is a soft, perfumed wine which marries tenderness with richness.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteThis Fleurie « Les Garans » 2011 is of a profound garnet colour with purple reflections. It has an elegant fruity nose with aromas of blackcurrants and raspberries. In the mouth, it is fresh with notes of blackcurrants, redcurrants, raspberries and pepper. It is a powerful and balanced wine.
- Food PairingBayonne ham - eggs in aspic - beef Strogonoff - Osso Bucco
- Fleurie "Les Garans" 2008 - Cellarmarque- November 2009 - "Beautiful Aromas"Beautiful aromas of red summer fruit and parma violets which are reflected on the palate. A delicate almost floral dry wine full of confectioned red berry flavours with a smooth full finish.