- VillageCrus du Beaujolais
- Grape varietyGamay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilPink granite and schist
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 13-15°
- Fleurie is one of the 10 individual growths in the Beaujolais that constitute the highest ranking wines of the area. The vineyard of "Les Garans" is situated to the north-east of the village of Fleurie. It is acknowledged as one of the finest sites for growing top quality grapes because of its combination of unique soil composition and having a very specific microclimate. Once harvested, by hand, the fruit is fermented in whole bunches of grapes in open vats. Fleurie "Les Garans" is a soft, perfumed wine which marries tenderness with richness.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Food PairingBayonne ham - eggs in aspic - beef Strogonoff - Osso Bucco
- Fleurie "Les Garans" 2008 - Cellarmarque- November 2009 - "Beautiful Aromas"
- Fleurie "Les Garans" 2008 - Cellarmarque- November 2009 - "Beautiful Aromas"Beautiful aromas of red summer fruit and parma violets which are reflected on the palate. A delicate almost floral dry wine full of confectioned red berry flavours with a smooth full finish.