- RegionCôte de Beaune
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilIron, clay, limestone
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 11-13°
- Savigny-les-Beaune Blanc is an extremely rare wine counting for no more than 3.5% of the total production of the village. The best slopes for Savigny-les-Beaune blanc are to be found 10 minutes drive north of Beaune at the western end of the appellation going towards the tiny village of Boulliand. It is on these upper vineyard sites that the Chardonnay thrives. Some growers compare these higher vineyards and their soil content to those of the famed Corton-Charlemagne.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in oak barrels with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels, 10% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOf a light golden colour, our Savigny les Beaune white wine has a fruity nose with aromas of white peaches. In the mouth, it has a lovely roundness with hints of lemon and almonds. It has a lovely mineral finish.
- Food PairingShellfish - fish - charcuterie - goats cheese