Bellevue Pinot Noir
- RegionVar - Coteaux du Verdon
- AppellationIndication Géographique Protégée Var
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield35 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature
- "Bellevue" is the pinnacle of excellence at Domaine de Valmoissine estate, made from a selection of our best parcels around the charming village of Moissac-Bellevue. The berries of Pinot Noir benefit from an exceptional sunshine, thanks to the sloping hillsides of this high perched village, overlooking the vineyards of the estate. Located not far from the old monastery of Valmoissine, 500 meters above sea level, our vineyards are meticulously conducted in sustainable agriculture. The complex clay-limestone subsoil, ferruginous, combined with the altitude, the exposure and the Mediterranean air give a wine perfectly balanced and of great intensity.
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- AgeingStainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteOf a bright color with purple tints, this wine reveals a complex nose with fruity, powerful and spicy aromas. The palate is round, well balanced and of a good length with silky tannins that will refine over time.
- Bellevue Pinot Noir Domaine de Valmoissine 2017, Decanter UK - 87 points - DWWA Bronze medal
Cherry fruit aromas; very varietal and inviting. Good tannic extraction and structure. Fresh acidity with a sour cheery edge; dry and elegant finish.
- Bellevue Pinot Noir Domaine de Valmoissine 2017 - Tom Cannavan's wine-pages.com - August 2020 - 91/100
Deep scents of plum and cherry, spices and tobacco, a little chestnut earthiness. In the mouth there is structure, firm grip from the tannins, good lively acidity, but the fruit does retain that little bit of crunch that keeps it fresh. A substantial wine, spicy and savoury.
- Bellevue Pint Noir Domaine de Valmoissine 2017 - H&H Series, North London - UK -
The Provence estate, Domaine de Valmoissine far from the sea, close to the spectacular Verdon gorges - is beautiful, and new top wine Bellevue 2017 lives up to place and name: aromatic, classically flavoured, concentrated and complex despite no oak ageing.
- Bellevue Pinot Noir Domaine de Valmoissine 2017 - Scottish Field - May 2020 - "Added complexity"
It's a selection of grapes from three specific plots and has a richer texture, with more concentrated raspberry and red cherry flavours, plus a twist of darker blackcurrant. The acidity is even more drying and there's added complexity, with more spun sugar notes on the finish. (Peter Ranscombe)
- 2017 Bellevue Pinot Noir Domaine de Valmoissine - February 2020 - The Buyer - "Well worth checking out"
It is gorgeously spicy and has a rustic, gastronomic grip. Well worth checking out. (Peter Dean, UK)