Pinot Noir"Les Bastides"
- RegionVar - Coteaux du Verdon
- AppellationIndication Géographique Protégée Coteaux du Verdon
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 15 years
- SoilClay and limestone.
- Average yield35 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked and mechanical
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 14-15°
- A "Bastide" is a fortified new town built in medieval France mostly during the Middle Ages. The clay and limestine soils of the Var produce elegant Pinot Noirs. Louis Latour, renowned in Burgundy since 1797, has produced this varietal from Southern France since 1989. The family estate is located 500 meters above sea level, on the site of an ancient monastery that overlooks a breathtaking landscape of vineyards on bright red soils. This location guarantees sunshine during the summer months whilst remaining cool at night. The vineyards souhterly exposure gives the raisins the perfect maturity. The yield is small in order to ensure maturity and concentration of the grapes, which results in an extremely elegant and charming wine with remarkable finesse.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteThis is a round wine with a lovely ruby red colour and garnet tints. It has an intense nose with aromas of Morello cherries. It is harmonious in the mouth with smooth tannins and subtle dried flower notes. Its wonderfully balanced aromas of red fruits and spice are enjoyable with simple dishes, stews and cheese. All these seductive characteristics combine together to make our Pinot Noir "Les Bastides".
- Food PairingGrilled red meat - cheese - red fruits.