Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru "Aux Guettes"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield38 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential7-10 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- Located mid-slope, the vineyard "Aux Guettes" takes its name from its natural location, above the surrounding plots. The word "Guettes" dates from the medieval period and designates the places from which one could monitor the country and protect those who used the roads.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 15% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOur Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru "Aux Guettes" reveals a discreet and elegant nose of black fruits and undergrowth. Refined wine with a fresh and elegant mouth.
- Food PairingMeat in gravy - game birds - veal kidney - mature cheeses
- Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru "Aux Guettes" 2015 - Tim Atkin - 89/100