- Grape varietyGamay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilPink schistous granite
- Average yield50 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 13-15°
- The appellation of Morgon is situated entirely within the parish of Villie-Morgon where the soil
sets its wines apart from the other 'Crus' since the percentage of sand and shale is higher
here due to the particular way in which the local schist layers have weathered. Consequently
the wines are firmer and darker in colour than the other 'Crus'.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing
- Tasting NoteThe Morgon 2012 has a beautiful garnet colour. It is complex on the nose: aromas of plum, violet and earthiness blend perfectly with notes of liquorice and tobacco. The palate is round with pretty strawberry aromas and soft tannins.
- Food PairingPoultry - red meat - mature cheeses