Aloxe-Corton 1er Cru"Domaine Latour"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationAloxe-Corton Premier Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilLimestone, alluvial sand and gravel
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential7-10 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- Aloxe-Corton has been the home of the Latour family and the heart of Domaine Louis Latour for centuries. The village of Aloxe-Corton is located in the north of the Côte de Beaune on a stony hillside at the foot of the hill of Corton. It was in 1862 that the name of the climat Corton was added to the village name Aloxe. The vineyards of Domaine Louis Latour surround this famous village and yield a classic Aloxe-Corton.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 35% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOur 2017 Aloxe-Corton Premier Cru "Domaine Latour" has a brilliant ruby red color with intense aromas of licorice and forest undergrowth. A generous mouthfeel with a great balance. Flavors of mocha and silky tannins on the finish.
- Food PairingGame birds - poultry - mature cheeses
- Aloxe-Corton 1er Cru "Domaine Latour" 2012 - Tom Cannavan's wine-pages.com - August 2015 - 90/100