Corton Grand Cru"Perrières"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationCorton Grand Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 40 years
- SoilClay and limestone silt
- Average yield35 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential15-20 years
- Serving temperature 16-17°
- Located on the hill of the Corton Grand Crus at an altitude of 273 meters in an old stone quarry, the 'Perrières' parcel of vines has a perfect south-easterly exposition. Our Cuverie Corton Grancey is embedded in this terroir. There are brown and red clay soils which produce a delicious and intense wine. The well-aged vines are managed in a traditional way by Domaine Louis LATOUR. Severe pruning allows a later harvest and ensures a good level of maturity and richness in the grapes.
- FermentationTraditional in open-vat
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 100% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, french oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteWith a deep red color, this wine offers intense fruity aromas. The tannins are well blended and the length on the palate is impressive.
- Food PairingBeef "Bourguignon" - wild boar - mature cheeses
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2010 - Wine Chronicles - May 2016 - 92/100
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2010 - Wine Spectator - October 2013 - 91/100
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2016 - William Kelley, Wine Advocate (USA) - January 2019 - 92+/100
The 2016 Corton-Perrières Grand Cru offers up a deep and appealing bouquet of cherries, licorice and potpourri that's very delicately framed by a touch of new wood. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, ample and quite lavish on the attack, with the firm, tensile profile typical of this site only making itself felt on the mid-palate and finish. Impressively concentrated and complete, it's a compelling effort from Louis Latour, and one that should reward at least a few years of bottle age. Drink 2018-2028
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2016 - Wine Spectator - May 2018 - 95/100
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2016 - Burghound.com - April 2018 - 93/100
Excellent volume and midpalate density to the bigger and tautly muscular flavors that possess a velvety mouth feel... This is very Corton in style.
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 96/100Very complex nose with black fruits, as well as spicy, earthy and animal notes. In spite of the power and concentration, the wine is still sleek and racy. Breathtaking finish! Think long term. This will gain so much through two or three years of patience.
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2016 - Tim Atkin - January 2018 - 93/100
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2016- Inside Burgundy, Jasper Morris - January 2018 - 92/100
Rich full purple, quite plump dark red fruit with a slight nutty element. Fairly thick textured, a few tannins behind, muscular bit not without charm. (Tasted prior to bottling)
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2015 - James Suckling - April 2017- 95/100
The ripe fruit is evident on the nose with complex cinnamon and nutmeg notes. Medium to full body and gorgeous depth of fruit that finishes soft and classy. Savory. Give it three to four years but already a joy to taste. By James Suckling (USA)
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2015 - Wine Spectator Insider - August 2017 - 94/100
Bright cherry, black currant, blueberry and spice flavors ply this dense, juicy red. There is also a firm, tannic side that will need time to integrate. With air, more fruit emerges and the tannins are tamed somewhat. Offers a long, firm finish. Best from 2021 through 2038.-B.S. - USA
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2015 - Burghound.com - April 2017 - 91/100
A notably expressive nose freely offers up its well-layered aromas of red and dark currant, earth, forest floor and game wisps. The supple, suave and impressively rich broad-shouldered flavors coat the mouth with dry extract on the markedly more complex and persistent finish. This robust effort is very Corton in style. 2027+ Allen Meadows (USA)
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2015 - Jancis Robinson - January 2017 - 16.5+/20
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2015 - Burgundy Report - December 2016 - "Very Yum"
A nice weight of aroma here - dark fruited but with a certain texture. Good volume in the mouth and with a really fine, growing intensity - actually I have to spit to type - I can't keep it in my mouth at the same time. Super wine, perhaps easier to drink today than the last, but will last equally long. Very yum! Bill Nanson (UK)
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2014 - Wine Enthusiast - October 2016 - 94/100
Structured and dense, this wine comes from the remains of a quarry on the hill of Corton. From the Louis Latour domaine, it is powerful and packed with black fruits, rich while still with the freshness of the year. It has a good future, so don't drink before 2023.
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2014 - Wine Chronicles - May 2016 - 92/100
Lovely wine, quite a bit of cool fruit, blueberry, as well as cherry, but much substance and weight to the palate. From memory, I really liked this !
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2014 - Burghound.com - April 2016 - 92/100
A fresh, cool and admirably pure nose offers up ripe notes of dark currant, plum, earth and violet scents. There is fine punch and better volume to the restrained but tautly muscular big-bodied flavors that exude a fine minerality on the balanced and solidly persistent finish. This robust, austere and backward effort is clearly built-to-age and is definitely going to need it. /2029+
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2014 - Burgundy Report - January 2016 - "Exciting Corton"
More high tones, no less weight of aroma, indeed a hint of floral activity too. Direct, fresh fruit flavour, full of energy - large-scaled, exciting Corton. Will be really super, I'd even drink this today! (cask sample) By Bill Nanson (UK)
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2013 - James Suckling - June 2015 - 92/100Aromas
of dark fruits plus blackberry, lemon rind and fresh cherry. Full body with
impressive depth of fruit for the vintage. Tangy and fascinating. Better in
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2013 - Burghound.com - Avril 2015 - 91/100Strong wood dominates. There is good detail to the mineral-inflected flavors that are lighter and don't quite possess the same phenolic maturity on the supporting
tannins yet there is no dryness on the finish. There is however a hint of acidity that pokes through and this is awkward at present.
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2013 - Burgundy Report - December 2014 - "Aromatic"Quite a large aromatic that mainly delivers herbs to start, slowly evolving dark berries with time. Some gas here, and really impressive intensity too. The flavour profile is direct, intense and mouth-watering with a little dryness of tannin in the finish. Perhaps more power here than the Clos du Roi!
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2013 - Tim Atkin - January 2015 - 93/100 (UK)
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2012 - Burghound.com - April 2014 - 89/100This offers a bit more in the way of aromatic elegance with its pretty mélange of spice and various red berry fruit scents that display a barely perceptible trace of menthol. The supple and round medium weight flavors manage to retain good delineation before terminating in a lightly mineral-inflected, dusty and mildly austere finish that offers good if not truly special depth and persistence. This should reward mid-term cellaring but is sufficiently forward to be approachable young if desired. By Allen Meadows (USA)
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières"2012 - Burgundy Report - May 2016 - "My favourite so far"
A bright and very appealing red freshness. Lovely high tones. Wide, a certain sweetness of fruit, supple in the mouth, less overt structure - a more voluptuous wine in this vintage. Good finishing too. My favourite so far! By Bill Nanson (UK - Tasting of Cortons 2012)
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2012 - Wine Chronicles - May 2016 - 92/100
Of the four 2012s, perhaps the most structured. The nose is not as exuberant as the others and the palate seems almost Bordeaux like tannic, somewhat closed. Time in glass coaxes dark cherry and plum aromas and flavors, with some oak derived spices. The tannins though present are silky. Give this time in your cellar !
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2012 - The World of Fine Wine - December 2015 - 15/20
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2012 - Wine Advocate - October 2015 - 90/100
The 2012 Corton-Perrières Grand Cru from Louis Latour has a relatively sophisticated bouquet with fine delineation and poise: redcurrant, wild strawberry and plenty of mineralité. The palate is medium-bodied with a spicy, white pepper and stem ginger-tinged entry. There is fine delineation and harmony with a structured finish that could do with just a little more length. By Neal Martin (USA)
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2012 - Wine Spectator - Juin 2015 - 92/100A mix of fresh cherry and vegetal elements marks this dense version, with mineral and earth notes adding dimension. Though firm, this feels balanced, despite the youthful austerity. The sweet fruit echoes on the finish. Best from 2020 through 2033.
- Corton-Perrières Grand Cru 2012 - Burgundy Report - June 2014 - "Pretty fruited"The nose is a little tighter than the Pommard 1er Cru "Les Epenots" and the Volnay 1er Cru "En Chevret", the fruit a little redder coloured too. In the mouth this is a little more strict, but clearly with more intensity too. The narrow entry flavour, grows wider and wider as you head for the finish. Pretty fruited, but rather shy today. - Bill Nanson
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2012 - Tim Atkin - February 2014 - 94/100Bottled on its own since 2010, this is a very good value Grand Cru bottling. It's typically upright and refreshing, with tangy acidity, appealing red cherry and strawberry aromas, savoury tannins and subtle use of oak. Elegant and refined, with none of the rough tannins that can crop up in Corton. 2018-28 (UK)
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2012 - Jancis Robinson - January 2014 - 16/20Bright crimson. Slightly muddy nose reminiscent of boiled sweets/hard candy. Firm tannins but very embryonic flavours. Heat and tannin on the finish. Drink 2017-2024 (cask sample) UK
- Corton-Perrières Grand Cru 2011 - Wine Spectator June 2014 - 91/100Though dense and chewy, this red is also velvety and succulent, the ideal foil for the cherry, strawberry and spice flavors. Earth and mineral notes creep in on the lingering finish. Best from 2017 trough 2027.
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2010 - Burgundy Report - May 2016 - "My favorite so far"
A little more powdery fruit, redder than Clos du Roi, but also with even more spicy components. Wide, lithe, complex, energetic - very lovely wine, though also with a hint of astringency from the tannin. My favourite so far. By Bill Nanson (UK - Tastin of Cortons 2010)
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2010 - Wine Chronicles - May 2016 - 92/100
As we saw with the 2012, this shows much structure, even a bit "muscular" with a sense of having the most tannin. The fruit is vivid and intense, like cherry skins and cherry pit, showing much substance on the palate. There is an overall poised feel to this wine, that is not quite ready for current consumption. I can sense that it will get really good with another five to 10 years in the cellar.
- Corton Grand Cru "Perrières" 2010 - Wine Spectator - October 2013 - 91/100This broad, rich red boasts macerated cherry and light boysenberry notes, picking up spice and iron elements as the finish lingers. Harmonious overall, with well-integrated tannins. Best from 2015 through 2029.