- RegionCôte de Beaune
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 15 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 11-13°
- The vineyards extend over 98 ha covering the continuation of the Volnay slope and a broad basin behind the village itself which runs back northwards to link up with the Pommard hinterland. « Monthélie » comes from the Latin Monticulus meaning a hill or small mountain.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in oak barrels with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, french oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteWith a bouquet of fresh almonds and fall foliage. With a refined touch on the pallet, this wine has great mellowness. To drink in 6/7 years.
- Food PairingFish- shellfish - poultry - cheese