- AppellationBourgogne Aligoté
- Grape varietyAligoté
- Average vine age 30 years
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential2-5 years
- Serving temperature 10-12°
- The Aligoté is the traditional white grape of Burgundy. It gained historical note in the 1940s when the then Mayor of Dijon, Canon Felix Kir, expressed such a liking for Aligoté mixed with a measure of crème de cassis that it was named after him.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteA pale yellow colour, the Burgundy Aligoté 2016 reveals an aromatic nose of fresh hazelnuts and white flowers. The mouth is round with flavours of white fruits and a lovely mineral taste on the finish.
- Food PairingAperitif - shellfish - charcuterie