- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilLimestone, heavy clay
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential2-3 years
- Serving temperature 10-12°
- Pouilly-Fuissé is the name of a village in the Mâconnais producing highly distinctive Chardonnay wine. The vineyards producing this wine are part of a breath-taking landscape where the limestone and heavy clay soils combine to create a unique 'terroir'.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteThe Pouilly-Fuissé 2015 shows a pale yellow colour. There is a delicate and fruity nose with citrus aromas, such as grapefruit. On the palate, it is ample but lively and offers yellow fruit aromas slighty muscat-like.
- Food PairingShellfish - charcuterie - skate - reblochon cheese
- Pouilly-Fuissé 2013 - James Suckling - June 2015 - 91/100Steely
and bright with a mineral, stone and sliced apple character. Medium to full
body. Chardonnay you can drink everyday. I want oysters immediately. Drink now.
- Pouilly-Fuissé 2012 - Wine Review Online - July 2015 - 90/100Let's face it: Buying Pouilly-Fuissé is, figuratively speaking, akin to walking through a minefield. Wines from this appellation, the best from the Mâconnais region of Burgundy, range from insipid to stellar. This 2012, from one of Burgundy's top négociants, is easy to recommend. The opulence found in the 2012 whites in general, and this one in particular, dovetails perfectly with Latour's crisp and riveting style. The wonderfully bright finish amplifies the wine's creamy nuances.
- Pouilly-Fuissé 2011 - Wine Review Online - February 2014 - 88/100This Pouilly Fuissé from Louis Latour, one of Burgundy's best producer, is a "go-to” bottling when looking for a Chardonnay-based wine. Crisp, and clean with a hint of creaminess, it shows the elegance and allure of white Burgundy. Unlike many New World Chardonnays, it's not opulent. Its charm lies in its cutting stony minerality. It's a wine you want to drink, not just taste. And it's a perfect accompaniment to roast chicken or simply grilled fish. By Michael Apstein (USA).
- Pouilly-Fuissé 2010 - Wine Enthusiast - November 2012 - 88/100 Ripe and fruity, this has a crisp line of acidity and a minerally character. It dances on the palate with its apple and citrus flavors. Already delicious to drink. By Roger Voss (USA).
- Pouilly-Fuissé 2009 - Wine Spectator - November 2011 - 88/100A fresh, unadorned version, featuring apple and honey flavors, with a hint of white pepper. Bitter grapefruit notes mark the long finish. Drink now through 2014. (USA)
- Pouilly Fuissé 2009 - St Petersburg Times - USA - December 22nd 2010 - Wine of the weekThe flintiness comes through from first whiff, along with lemony citrus notes and a hint of pear. Its aroma blooms the instant it splashes into the glass. The winemaker describes the nose as "disarmingly seductive," a judgment with which we agree completely.
On the tongue, that stony edge beautifully sets off rich but light and delicately balanced flavors of lemon, lime and pear. Subtle grace notes of green apple and ginger round out a complex and satisfying profile. The finish is long and wonderfully dry, echoes of each of its principal flavors lingering right to the end.
- Pouilly-Fuissé 2008 - Vin Mat & Vanner - 2010 - 88/100Fruity with tropical hints. Compact wine with fresh acidity.
- Pouilly-Fuissé 2005 - Wine Spectator - September 2007 - 88/100Shows nice purity, with mineral supporting the apple and honeysuckle notes. Thins out a little midpalate, with a citrus tang on the finish. Drink now through 2010.
- Pouilly-Fuissé 2005 - Burghound.com - July 2007 - 87/100This is very fresh. I like the cut and punch of the medium-bodied flavors that are bone dry. This isn't complex but it's easy to like without being unduly onedimensional. 2008+
- 2004 Pouilly-Fuissé - Burghound.com - July 2006 - 87 points :A fresh white flower, spiced pear and hints of green apple nose combines with round, rich and generous flavors that offer good finishing minerality and an attractively dry and racy finish. Solid if not truly distinguished.
- 2004 Pouilly Fuissé - Wine Advocate - June 2006 - 85 points :The zesty 2004 offers steely mineral aromas as well as light to medium-bodied personality. Bright; highly-focused, and laced with tangy lemons, it is a candidate for drinking over the next 2 years.
- 2003 Pouilly-Fuissé - Sommelier India - May 2006 :Pale straw gold with light lemon tints. This wine offers seductive fruit aromas of melons and pears with underlying notes of almonds and a delightful air of spring blossom. A balanced acidity complements its buttery texture and pronounced ripe fruit character.
- 2003 Pouilly-Fuissé - Burghound.com - October 2005 - 87 points :Easily the most classic nose of this first group and while the aromas are ripe, this is less obviously 2003 in character. The white flower nose introduces rich, full and nicely complex medium full flavors that display pretty good freshness and fine length. Solid quality here for the vintage. 87/now
- 2002 Pouilly-Fuissé - Burghound.com - July 2004 - 87 points :This is quite elegant with a touch of smoke but not oak, giving way to delineated, beautifully balanced flavors that are both long and notably complex. In sum, this is a surpisingly good effort for what it is. 87/now
- 2001 Pouilly-Fuissé - Burghound.com - July 2003 - 87 points :There is much more authority and personality here all highlighted by racy acidity and a vibrant finish. The nose reveals pears and white flower fruit leading to nicely focused, somewhat linear flavors of fine lenght. Excellent quality at this level. 87/2004-7.
- 1998 Pouilly-Fuissé - Beverage testing Institute - 2000 :Bright yellow hue. Clean citrus and pineapple aromas. Concentrated flavors lead a medium body with a cleanly-fruited finish. Straightforward, and shows plenty of chardonnay character.
- 1995 Poully-Fuissé - Wine Spectator - May 31st, 1998 - 85 points :Nice, clean and pure '95 white Burgundy, showing a firm structure and lots of good acidityto hold up the ripe fruit. Medium-bodied and well made. Drink now.