Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru"Ile des Vergelesses"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationPernand-Vergelesses Premier Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 60 years
- SoilClay and iron
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential7-10 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- The village of Pernand-Vergelesses is located just 3km from that of Aloxe-Corton and of all the villages that the Grand Cru hill of Corton looks over, this is the most picturesque. The vineyard of « Ile des Vergelesses » is relatively high up on the slope and enjoys a northeasterly exposure, which means that the fruit achieves maximum ripeness quite late on. Our Pernand-Vergelesses "Ile des Vergelesses" is worked traditionally by the winemakers of Domaine Louis Latour.
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 25% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NotePernand-Vergelesses 1erCru 'Ile des Vergelesses' 2011 has a lovely deep ruby-red colour. On the nose it is classic with aromas of red fruits, morello cherry and some hints of the undergrowth. On the palate it is full and strong, with plenty of red fruits. There is a lovely balance of acidity and tannins on the finish.
- Food PairingGame birds - poultry - mature cheeses
- Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru "Ile des Vergelesses » 2011 - Wine Enthusiast - September 2014 - 89/100
- Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru "Ile des Vergelesses" 2014 - Wine Enthusiast- October 2016 - 90/100
Tense and structured, this is a firm, concentrated wine from the top vineyard in the appellation. It has tight acidity as well as red-currant flavors. The structure is still firm and condensed, and the wine will need time. It has potential; drink from 2019.
- Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru "Ile des Vergelesses" 2014 - Wine Spectator - February 2016 - 91/100
The Pernand-Vergelesses Ile des Vergelesses, the best site in Pernand, exhibits black cherry and black currant fruit allied to a rich, dense texture. This is concentrated, less evolved than the Beaune, with fine energy and complexity. By Bruce Sanderson (USA)
- Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru "Ile des Vergelesses" 2014 - Burgundy Report - January 2016 - "Complex and very good"
Deep, reasonably wide, dark-skinned fruit. Round in the mouth, beautifully textured and complex. There is a growing intensity here, dark-skinned again, a line of fine flavour. Complex and very good - indeed a great start. (cask sample) By Bill Nanson (UK).
- Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru "Ile des Vergelesses" 2012 - Tom Cannavan's wine-pages.com - August 2015 - 90/100
Lovely sweet fruited nose, with very fine and solid cherry and red liquorice aromas, a soft sheen of smoke and gentle earthiness. The palate has good fruit, a nice serious bit of grip here, but there is a freshness and a gentle and attractive red fruit lightness too, giving this good length. (UK)
- Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru "Ile des Vergelesses" 2012 - Wine Spectator - Juin 2015 - 90/100Elegant and
laced with berry and spice flavors, this red stays balanced and vibrant on the
long aftertaste. Almost peppery on the finish. Best from 2017 through
- Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru "Ile des Vergelesses » 2011 - Wine Enthusiast - September 2014 - 89/100In this ripe wine, solid tannins are attractively balanced with red fruits. It does have a cool character from the vineyard, showing structure as well as delicious fruitiness. Drink from 2016. R.V.
- Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru "Ile des Vergelesses" 2011 - Allen Meadows -Burghound.com - May 2013 - 88/100A discreet touch of wood sets off aromas of violet, red pinot fruit and a hint of wet stone. There is good verve to the utterly delicious middle weight flavors that are shaped by light but ripe tannins on the balanced and moderately persistent finish. 2016+
- Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru "Île de Vergelesses" 2010 - Wine Enthusiast - November 2012 - 89/100Soft and rounded, this has an open, fragrant character. It has ripe flavours of strawberries and red plums, with a touch of wood and delicious, fresh acidity. Only on the finish does the structured side show through. (USA)
- Pernand Vergelesses "Ile des Vergelesses" 1997 - Decanter - March 2003 - 3 stars : Perfumed light raspberry aromas, attractive vegetal edge to smooth, crisp, red fruit palate and finish.