- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential2-3 years
- Serving temperature 10-12°
- Côte-d'Or Chardonnay vineyards from Meursault, Puligny and Chassagne provide the foundation for this wine, supplemented by the cream of Côte Chalonnaise white wines. This results in a full-fledged totally authentic white Burgundy with the consistency and finesse of the great white Villages.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteA beautiful golden color, notes of almond on the nose appear first before giving way to more floral aromas. The palate offers a sharp attack and round with a vivacity which gives it freshness.
- Food PairingAperitif - shellfish - charcuterie
- Bourgogne blanc "Cuvée Latour" 2009 - The World of Fine Wine - March 2011 - 16.5/20
- Bourgogne Blanc "Cuvée Latour" 2014 - Uvinum - December 2016 - Mejor Vino Internacional
- Bourgogne "Cuvée Latour" 2014 - Decanter - December 2016 - Recommended
Elegant aromatics leading to a simple palate that offers charming, polished fruit.
- Bourgogne blanc "Cuvée Latour" 2009 - The World of Fine Wine - March 2011 - 16.5/20Slightly fuller color than the Mâcon. Proper Bourgogne blanc scents of the côtes. Textured, spicy, opulent but balanced fruit—a very good glass of white burgundy at a kind price. By Michael Edwards (UK).
- Bourgogne Blanc Cuvée Latour 2007 - Jamie Goode's Wineanorak - April 2010 - 87/100Nice lemon freshness to the nose. Sophisticated, fresh fruity palate with nice acidity. A very nice fruity style that's part Mâconnais and part Côte d'Or in origin.
- 2003 Bourgogne Blanc - Burghound.com - September 2005 - 83 points :(100% Côte d'Or fruit). Ripe melon and straw aromas lead to round, sweet, rich and generous flavors crafted in a forward, easy to like style. Perfectly good if not better than that. 83/now
- 2003 Bourgogne White de Louis Latour - Wine Spectator - July 31st 2006 - 86 points :Fresh and lemon-scented, this is full of lemon, lime and mineral notes. It’s fairly firm for a 2003, with a hint of grapefruit peel on the finish. Drink now through 2009. 3,200 cases made. –B.S.
- 2002 Bourgogne Blanc - Burghound.com - July 2004 - 84 points :Amelon and white flower nose complements rich but nicely detailed flavors underpinned by racy acidity and a pretty touch of minerality on the moderately persistent finish. This will be ready on release. 84/now
- Bourgogne Blanc "Cuvée Latour" 1990 - Wine Spectator - Dec 1992 - 86/100Lovely and harmonious, with pretty floral, wet earth and rose petal aromas that echo on the palate and on the silky, cherry-tasting finish. Drink now. 6,000 cases made.