Pinot Noir"Les Pierres Dorées"
- VillageLes Pierres Dorées
- AppellationCoteaux Bourguignons
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 7 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield48 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 14-16°C
- Maison Louis Latour once again exports its Burgundian know-how outside of the Côte d'Or. After the great successes of Ardèche and Var, we have decided to repeat the experience since 2010 by planting Pinot Noir in Southern Burgundy,in the heart of Beaujolais. This project extends over more than 20 hectares today. The calcareous soil rich in iron oxide which confers him a very particular ochre color, as well as altitude, contribute to produce this surprising wine which associates richness and freshness with a beautiful aromatic complexity.
This region offers beautiful argilo-calcareous soils, the plots selected by Maison Louis Latour form two islands and are situated on the villages of Morancé and Theizé. With a continental moderate climate, vineyards benefit from an ideal period of sunshine but the temperatures are relatively fresh between 280 and 400 meters in altitude.
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing stainless steel vats and oak barrels
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteBright and intense red colour with red-garnet lights. On the nose, we discover a gourmet blend of fl owers, red berries and soft spices. On the palet, it is crunchy, round and ample. The Pinot Noir from the Pierres Dorées terroir off ers a wine with a great freshness, underlined by concentrated black fruits aromas with a superb length.
- Food PairingCrusted rack of lamb - Quails with grappes - Red Tuna tartare - Sea bass - Goat cheese - Red fruits soupe
- Pinot Noir "Les Pierres Dorées" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 89/100
- Pinot Noir "Les Pierres Dorées" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 89/100An attractively light and charming pinot noir with some nice, warm and dry tannins. There is also friendly acidity for this often-tart category. Drink now or in 2019. Only the second vintage of this wine.
- Pinot Noir "Les Pierres Dorées" 2015 - Mundus Vini - Germany - February 2017 - Silver Medal
- Pinot Noir "Les Pierres Dorées" 2015 - Jancis Robinson - January 2017 - 16/20
- Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru "Les Petits Monts" 2015 - Jancis Robinson - January 2017 - 16/20
- Pinot Noir "Les Pierres Dorées" 2015 - En Magnum - Déc. 2016 Fév. 2017 - 14.5/20
Originated from a 20 hectares' vineyard, in the Pierres Dorées area, this 100% Pinot Noir is a fruit bomb. We crunch into cherry and raspberry, it's superb. The mouth is straight, fleshy with salivative and tonic finale. A masterstroke, you could not dream of a better vintage than 2015 for such a project.