- RegionCôte de Beaune
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 14-15°
- The red wines that come from the vineyards surrounding the picturesque town of Beaune remain relatively undiscovered compared to its smaller, more famous neighbours. For this reason Beaune Rouge still represents extremely good value for money whilst providing an appealing introduction to the red wines of the Cote de Beaune.
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, french oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteRed robe with garnet highlights. Aromas of ripe red fruits dominate on the nose followed by a liquorice finish. Pretty structure and great ageing potential. Tasted November 2010.
- Food PairingGrilled meat - "coq au vin" - mature cheeses
- Beaune rouge 2014 - Wine Spectator - October 2016 - 90/100
Black cherry and blackberry fruit emerges with a little air, allied to a lush texture. Reveals a light grain to the tannins, but overall this red is balanced and long. Best from 2018 through 2025. By Bruce Sanderson (USA)
- Beaune rouge 2014 - Burghound.com - April 2016 - 90/100
A complex if distinctly somber nose displays notes of spice, dark currant, earth and plum. There is better richness and concentration to the suave middle weight flavors that exhibit a touch of bitter cherry on the ever-so-mildly edgy finish that will probably round off in time./ 2020+ - Allen Meadows
- Beaune Rouge 2012 - Wine Enthusiast - December 2015 - 87/100This is soft and rounded, with attractive red plum and berry fruits that bring in acidity and a light tannic character. The wine is ripe, with a dry core surrounded by cherry flavors and fresh acidity. It is not a wine for long aging, drink from 2017. By Roger Voss (USA)
- Beaune rouge 2008 - Burghound.com - April 2010 - 85-88/100The nose is still a bit raw due to the late malo though the light weight fruit-driven flavors are racy, pure and attractively detailed, all wrapped in a delicious and easy to like finish of modest complexity. 2013+. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Beaune rouge 2007 - Wine Spectator - November 30th 2009 - 89/100Very pure, this firm, cherry-infused red displays elegance and finesse, with the structure to develop over the next decade. Moderate length. Drink now through 2017. By Bruce Sanderson (USA).
- Beaune rouge 2007 - Burghound.com - April 2009 - 86/100A fresh and reasonably elegant nose displays moderately ripe red pinot fruit and raspberry aromas that carry a touch of earth and underbrush over to the supple, forward and easy to like barely middle weight flavors that are vibrant and tangy but also a bit dry on the lingering finish. I would enjoy this young to avoid any risk of it drying out. 2010+. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- 1999 Beaune Rouge - The Philadelphia Inquirer - November 20th, 2005 :The wine has a light ruby glow, ut also a full-flavored burst of blackberry with supple edges that makes way for suprisingly earthy depth. This is the first of several Latour burgundy bargains headed to state stores (chassagne Montrachet; Meursault on the way), and it's priced to go.