Aloxe-Corton 1er Cru"Domaine Latour"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationAloxe-Corton Premier Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilLimestone, alluvial sand and gravel
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential7-10 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- Aloxe-Corton has been the home of the Latour family and the heart of Domaine Louis Latour for centuries. The village of Aloxe-Corton is located in the north of the Côte de Beaune on a stony hillside at the foot of the hill of Corton. It was in 1862 that the name of the climat Corton was added to the village name Aloxe. The vineyards of Domaine Louis Latour surround this famous village and yield a classic Aloxe-Corton.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 35% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteRuby red with a perfume of cherry and liquorice, typical of Pinot. On tasting it is round but still a little tight. With time this will evolve beautifully.
The Aloxe-Corton 1er Cru "Domaine Latour" reveals a beautiful garnet color and fragrance intoxicating spice, licorice, dried fruit and underbrush. On the palate there are hints of earthiness. Aromas of chlorophylle characterize the finish.
- Food PairingGame birds - poultry - mature cheeses
- Aloxe-Corton 1er Cru "Domaine Latour" 2012 - Tom Cannavan's wine-pages.com - August 2015 - 90/100