Beaune 1er Cru"Grèves"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationBeaune Premier Cru
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilChalk and clay
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential5-7 ans
- Serving temperature 12-14°
- Found amongst the northern vineyards of Beaune, this excellent site overlooks the medieval fortified town of Beaune, that remains to this day the wine capital of Burgundy. Burgundy vineyards named Les Grèves generally designate soils formed of loose rock, fine scree, sand and gravel which are particularly favourable to the cultivation of vines. Our vineyards are located on the gentle slopes of the hill of Beaune next the vineyard of Les Teurons. The clay and limestone soils of Les Grèves suit the Chardonnay grape and contribute to making this wine one of the fullest and richest of the Beaune appellations.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in oak barrels with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels, 100% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteHazelnut, grilled almond and vanilla come together to reveal a tantalizing bouquet for this Beaune 1er Cru "Grèves". On tasting, we rediscover these same toasted notes. The wine is smooth and coats the mouth with all its flavours.
- Food PairingFish - shellfish - sweet and savoury dishes - Soumaintrain cheese