Beaune 1er Cru"Perrières"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationBeaune Premier Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 25 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential7-10 ans
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- In this area which is in the North of the appellation of Beaune and exposed to the East, you can find parts of the faces of old limestone quarries with various fine limestones. The clay-limestone soils of Perrières, which are shallow and poor due to the steep inclination, produce a powerful and structured red wine with a perfect ageing potential.
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 35% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOur Beaune Premier Cru « Perrières » 2013 has an intense ruby color. The nose reveals cherry, blackberry and spicy notes. The mouth is ample with aromas of cherry and fresh almond. Beautiful persistence with elegant tannins on the finish !
- Food PairingBeef "Bourguignon" - duck breast - woodcock - Camembert - soft cheeses
- Beaune 1er Cru "Perrières" 2013 - Burgundy Report - December 2014 - "Super intensity"
- Beaune 1er Cru "Perrières" 2012 - Burghound.com - April 2014 - "An agreeable texture"The nose offers up notes of plum, violets, earth and a hint of herbal tea. The palate impression is quite round and fleshy with an agreeable texture that carries over to the ever-somildly rustic finish that displays fine length. 2018+ By Allen Meadows (USA)
- Beaune 1er Cru "Perrières" 2013 - Burgundy Report - December 2014 - "Super intensity"Deep colour. High-toned but with a mineral, graphitic depth. Large in the mouth - very concentrated and with super intensity - you almost forget that the texture is so silky, such is your focus on the intensity. A mouth-watering, linear finish. An excellent start!
- Beaune 1er Cru "Perrières" 2012 - Wine Spectator - Juin 2015 - 91/100A polished
version, showing integrated elements of cherry and spice, bright acidity and
ripe tannins. Harmonious and long, with hints of tar and licorice in the
finish. Best from 2016 through 2025.
- Beaune 1er Cru "Perrières" 2011 - Wine Spectator - June 2014 - 89/100The cherry core and silky texture are compromised by the stern tannins in this young red. All the components are here but need time to integrate. Best from 2016 through 2024. By Bruce Sanderson (USA)
- Beaune 1er Cru "Perrières" 2010 - Tom Cannavan's wine-pages.com - August 2015 - 90/100
Quite dense, almost chocolaty, with a real ripeness and richness and depth of fruit (the first 2010 of this line up). The palate is fleshy and plush, a big plum and blackberry ripeness, but it has a solid if slightly baked feel, plenty of smooth and silky tannin and sufficient acidity. Not as elegant as some of the lighter vintages, but impressive and Beaune like. (UK)
- Beaune 1er Cru "Perrières" 2010 - Wine Spectator - October 2013 - 91/100Round and fleshy, this offers pure cherry and raspberry flavors, with a touch of floral and spice. Well-integrated and long, echoing spice and light mineral notes. Drink now through 2018.
- Beaune 1er Cru "Perrières" 2009 - Wine Spectator - June 2012 - 93/100Rich and juicy, this is already expressing complex cherry and berry flavors, with accents of spice and mineral. Supple and elegant, yet fresh and well-integrated, with a long, fruit- and spice-filled aftertaste. Best from 2014 through 2027. (USA)
- Beaune 1er Cru "Perrières" 2009 - Jancis Robinson - January 2011 - 15.5/20Mid ruby. Sweet, almost roasted fruit on the front palate. Drink 2013-2016 (UK)
- Beaune 1er Cru "Perrières" 2008 - Wine Spectator - May 2011 - 90/100Oak spice offsets the juicy raspberry note in this vibrant red. Just a touch dry on the finish, but the fruit and elegant profile is compelling, with a fruity aftertaste. (USA)
- Beaune 1er Cru "Perrières" 2007 - Jamie Goode's Wineanorak - April 2010 - 90/100Sweet herbal cherry fruit nose. The palate has ripe fruit with a distinctive herbal, spicy character. A bit peppery. Nicely savoury style. (UK)
- Beaune 1er Cru "Perrières" 2007 - Wine Spectator - November 30th 2009 - 90/100Shows dark and inviting aromas and flavors of black cherry, black currant and mineral. Round and polished, with lingering oak tannins and spice on the finish. Best from 2010 through 2020. By Bruce Sanderson (USA).
- Beaune 1er Cru "Perrières" 2007 - Burghound.com - April 2009 - 88-90/100Mild reduction detracts from the purity of the nose which is built primarily on red berry fruit and earth notes, the latter of which is picked up by the supple, round and notably more concentrated medium-bodied flavors that are nicely detailed and reveal a discreet touch of backend minerality on the firmer and more persistent finish. 2013+. By Allen Meadows (USA).