Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru"Les Charmes"
- RegionCôte de Nuits
- AppellationChambolle-Musigny Premier Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield35 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential7-10 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- The 180 hectares of vines in the tiny village of Chambolle-Musigny are a soft interlude amongst the great vineyards of the Côte de Nuits. Chambolle-Musigny has 24 Premier Cru vineyards and it is Les Amoureuses and Les Charmes that are generally the most renowned. The poor limestone soil is well known producing wines that are delicately scented. The Burgundian term Les Charmes refers either to an uncultivated plateau with little vegetation or the existence of wooded land covered by Hornbeam. In this case it refers to the former because Chambolle-Musigny Les Charmes is located beneath Les Grandes Mûrs that has long been an uncultivated field.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 40% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteWith an impressive solid red colour this wine shows a lovely harmony between cherry and oaked notes.In the mouth these aromas find their coinciding flavours along with a hint of liquorice, which all culminate to give a wine with a pretty and lasting finish.
- Food PairingDuck and truffle parmentier - woodcock salmi - wild boar and cranberries - capon - Brillat-Savarin cheese