Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru"Hameau de Blagny"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationPuligny-Montrachet Premier Cru
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 12-14°
- Home to some of the world's most extraordinary Chardonnays including the famous Montrachet, Chevalier-Montrachet and Bâtard-Montrachet, Puligny-Montrachet is the 216 hectare geographical middleman of the white wine villages, bordered by Meursault to the north and by Chassagne-Montrachet to the south. At the heart of the finest Premiers Crus of Puligny-Montrachet, the vineyard of « Hameau de Blagny » has an excellent exposure. The wine has a refined, aristocratic bouquet and rich, luscious aromas, accompanied by a hint of acidity.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in oak barrels with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels, 50% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Food PairingFish - poultry - foie gras - cheese
- Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru "Hameau de Blagny" 2007 - Wine Spectator Online - July 2010 - 88/100
- Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru "Hameau de Blagny" 2007 - Burghound.com - July 2009 - 89-91/100
- Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru "Hameau de Blagny" 2014 - Wine Spectator - November 2016 - 93/100
Opulent and ripe, with peach, melon, pastry and butterscotch flavors, all supported by a vibrant structure. The finish echoes oak spice and citrus notes. Best from 2018 through 2026. 120 cases made. - Bruce Sanderson (USA)
- Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru "Hameau de Blagny" 2010 - Wine Spectator Online - February 2013 - 90/100This elegant version delivers lemon, apple and mineral notes on a vibrant frame. Verges on creamy, but the lively acidity keeps this focused. Best from 2014 through 2022. By Bruce Sanderson, USA.
- Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru "Hameau de Blagny" 2009 - Wine Spectator - August 2012 - 90/100Chalk and oyster shell aromas lead off, followed by peach and apple notes in this effusive white. Though ripe and creamy, this has complexity and an underlying freshness. Fine length. Drink now through 2015. (USA)
- Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru "Hameau de Blagny” 2008 - Wine Spectator - November 2010 - 89/100Vanilla and clove highlight peach and grapefruit flavors in this rich white, which is supple and fills the midpalate, ending with warm pastry and butter accents. Drink now through 2014. By Bruce Sanderson, USA.
- Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru "Hameau de Blagny" 2007 - Wine Spectator Online - July 2010 - 88/100A round, open-knit white, featuring lemon, clove and pear notes. A big, muscular style, even with some tannins on the finish. Needs time. Best from 2011 through 2019. 230 cases made. By Bruce Sanderson, USA.
- Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru "Hameau de Blagny" 2007 - Burghound.com - July 2009 - 89-91/100Well-integrated wood sets off very fresh and bright citrus blossom, anise and wet stone notes that are in keeping with the lovely mineral character of the round, generous and beautifully textured flavors that possess excellent intensity and first rate length on the menthol-infused finish that is bone dry. I very much admire the delivery and if this can add depth in a few years, it could surprise to the upside. 2013+
- Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru "Hameau de Blagny" 2006 - Wine Spectator - July 10th, 2009 - 89/100Apple, peach and spice flavors are all underscored by mineral in this balanced white, which is open and accessible, with a moderately long finish. Drink now through 2015. By Bruce Sanderson (USA).
- 2006 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru " Hameau de Blagny"- Wine Advocate- December 31st 2008- 87-88 points:The Latour 2006 Puligny-Montrachet Hameau de Blagny (from purchased juice) is surprisingly soft and fruit-dominated for a wine from notoriously stony, high elevation. Peachy and rich on the palate, it boasts satisfying length and admirable polish but just lacks a bit for personality, or at least for nooks or crannies. I would plan to drink it over the next couple of years.
- Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru "Hameau de Blagny" 2006 - Burghound.com - July 2008 - 91/100A discreet lashing of wood frames slightly riper aromas of peach, pear and apricot but a touch of mango that complements the very rich, lush and opulent medium plus-bodied flavors blessed with ample amounts of dry extract and excellent length. This is not classic in style but there is impressive depth and overall harmony of expression here. 2010+. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru "Hameau de Blagny” 2005 - Burghound.com - July 2007 - 91/100As one would reasonably expect, this is more aromatically elegant with airy white flower and pear aromas dissolving into understated, focused and still tight middle weight flavors that finish with punch and brimming with evident minerality. This is a wine of finesse not power and I really like the underlying sense of harmony and transparency as the stoniness really shines through. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- 1998 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru "Hameau de Blagny" - Sommelier India - May 2006 :Sparkling lemon-yellow coloured wine with an array of medium-intensity aromas including warm peaches and toasted oak, with almonds and light wood. Still in its youth, a suave, elegant Premier Cru.