- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential2-3 years
- Serving temperature 10-12°
- Already known to the Romans, Vinzelles takes its name from the latin vincella which means small vine. The distinctive feature of the village of Vinzelles is the presence of two "châteaux" separated by just a few metres: a fortified castle from the 11th century and the other from the 13th and 17th centuries. From 50 hectares (122 acres) of essentially south, south-east facing vineyards, the appellation of Pouilly-Vinzelles encompasses the villages of Vinzelles and Loché. Continuing from the predominantly limestone slopes of Chaintré and Fuissé, the vineyards of Pouilly-Vinzelles are exclusively planted with Chardonnay and closely resemble those wines from its neighbour Pouilly-Fuissé.
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteA wine with a lovely golden colored robe and great ampleness. You will be charmed by its ripe yellow flesh fruit aromas of mirabelle plum. A wine to be enjoyed now. Tasted January 2007
- Food PairingCrayfish - white meat - escargots - Comté cheese
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2005 - La Revue du Vin de France - Les Meilleurs Vins 2008 - 14/20
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2016 - Wine Spectator - December 2018 - 89/100
Apple, lemon and wet stone flavors are allied to a fleshy texture and overall harmony here. Lively and firm, with a lingering, mouthwatering finish.
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2015 - Wine-pages.com - December 2017 - 90/100
A beautiful white Burgundy that's perfect for Christmas from Louis Latour. The vines are grown on limestone and clay soils and are 30 years old on average, and one would swear this has seen a touch of oak given the creamy, almond and lightly buttery notes of the nose, but it has not. As well as that, there is ripe orchard fruit and a lovely sense of both richness and clarity. In the mouth the ripe, mouth-filling texture and sweetness is delicious, but that's because the core of mineral-flecked citrus acidity runs like a spine too, into a long, creamy finish. By Tom Cannavan's (UK)
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2014 - Burghound.com - June 2016 - 88/100
Pretty floral and citrus-suffused nose. There is good mid-palate volume to the rounded and agreeably rich flavors that are delicious and easy-to-like if not especially complex.
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2013 - Tom Cannavan's wine-pages.com - August 2015 - 89/100
Such a ripe, peach and almost mango like fragrance here, the vintage character perhaps, but lots of exotic ripeness amongst those lightly honeyed notes. On the palate too it is still light to medium bodied but has a sense of luscious ripeness over the orangey acidity of the finish. Long. (UK)
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2013 - James Suckling - June 2015 - 89/100This
tight and very pretty with aromas of honeysuckle and dried apple. Medium to
full-bodied, minerally and bright. I like it. Drink now.
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2012 - Wine Review Online - July 2015 - 90/100The attention wines from small growers receive from the press, sommeliers and retailers can make us overlook wines from even the best négociants. That's always a mistake and this wine is just another case in point. Maison Louis Latour, a top-notch Beaune-based négociant, owns no land in Pouilly-Vinzelles, an appellation neighboring Pouilly-Fuissé. Yet, year after year, they reliably bottle a zippy wine from that appellation. Less creamy with more citrus focus than Latour's Pouilly-Fuissé, it's a great bargain and a perfect introduction to this often overlooked appellation.
- Pouilly Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2012 - GrandStrand Magazine - June/July 2015 - "A luxurious mouth feel" "Latour also makes a Meursault and Puligny Montrachet. This wine comes from a larger area nearby and can nearly match its more famous cousins in taste. It has stone fruit aromas, sweet honey and floral notes that fill the palate with a luxurious mouth feel.
Complex yet simple, exotic fruits run, throughout the flavor profile.
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2012 - Western Morning News - May 2014 - "Elegance of the wines"There's nothing more reassuring than a glass of white burgundy and the Louis Latour Pouilly Vinzelles ‘En Paradis' 2012 certainly looks the part. The fat burgundy bottle always looks great on a table and the nose of creamy fruit with warming wood notes at its heart underlines the elegance of the wine. On the palate the rich white fruits have a full mineral spice hit throughout and there's a touch of citrus lemon zip to the rich buttery conclusion. By Neil Cammies (UK)
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2012 - Western Morning News - May 2014 - "A role model for the white wines of the Maconnais"As a role model for the white wines of the Maconnais, this will do very nicely. You get textbook sherbetmineral chardonnay perfume and a rush of racy but exotic fruits with notions of green pepper. De luxe burgundy made without oak, and at a fair price. By Ned Halley (UK)
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2012 - Scotland on Sunday - June 2014 - "A rounded complex wine"This example has more than usual depth for that area and delivers rounded complex wine with a buttery nose and flavours that include white peach, lemon and tangerine acidity, vanilla and even a touch of chalkiness. By Brian Elliott (UK)
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2011 - Yorkshire Post - December 2012 - "Well worth its money"It is well worth its money. Plump, creamy fruit with notes of hazelnuts and oatmeal. Good enough for the main event. By Christine Austin (UK)
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2011 - International Wine Challenge - May 2013 - Bronze medalNutty, creamy, attractive floral notes, stone fruit on palate, rich and textured. (UK)
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2010 - Blackpool Gazette - July 2012 - "Paradise found!"Paradise found!... Heady aromas of pear and melon, full fat and creamy in the mouth, dash of anise, but hint of flint to balance the richness. Similar in style to the better known and pricier wines of neighbouring Pouilly-Fuissé. (UK)
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2010 - Western Daily Press - July 2012 - "Superb"This one is superb, richly coloured and plump with sweet-apple fruit counterpointed with a limey minerality and crisp freshness. (UK)
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2010 - Tom Cannavan's wine-pages.com - August 2012 - 89/100A southern Burgundy Chardonnay from the village next door to the more famous Pouilly-Fuissé, this has a pale colour and an attractive nose showing a little hazlenut and nougat, and a nutty apple fruit. On the palate there is plenty of sweet ripeness here, edging into the tropical with a hint of melon and lychee, fleshy pear and a good acid core. A delicious wine for current drinking and one of the stars of this line-up. By Tom Cannavan (UK).
- Pouilly Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2010 - Newcastle Journal - August 2012 - "Wine of the week"Gorgeous white burgundy from a super vintage: a mix of melon, apple and savoury nutty aromas then a crisp, lemon and ripe apple flavour with a hint of butter and then a long, savoury finish. A bargain. Enjoy it with grilled, very fresh white fish. (UK)
- Pouilly Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2010 - scotsman.com - August 2012 - "Hallmark freshness"This wine preserves the hallmark freshness but adds layers of greengage and crunchy green apple and a long, buttery finish. (Scotland)
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2010 - Wine Enthusiast - November 2012 - 87/100 Warm and ripe, this has yellow fruits that contrast with the freshness of crisp apples. There is a light touch of minerality, although the essence of the wine is its fruitiness. By Roger Voss (USA).
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2009 - Wine Spectator - November 2011 - 87/100Round and fruity. Apple and peach flavors are tinged with citrus and honey. Moderate length. Drink now. (USA)
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2008 - Wine Spectator - USA - October 2010 - 89/100Supple and round, yet with cut, keeping the apple, peach, lemon and honeysuckle flavors focused. This is harmonious and lingers on the savory aftertaste. Drink now through 2012. By Bruce Sanderson, USA.
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2007 - Jamie Goode's Wineanorak - April 2010 - 88/100Intense citrus nose with some grapefruit pith notes. Intense fruity palate with good depth and freshness.
- 2006 Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" - IWC Guide to the World's Best Wines 2009-2010 - Gold and Great Value White:The nose is creamy, quite melony, and rich. Soft tropical and passion fruit, with notes of grapefruit. Apple fruit pulses through. Well-structured and balanced.
- 2006 Pouilly-Vinzelle "En Paradis" - Ham and High/Wood and Vale Express - 13th August 2009:Louis Latour Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2006 won a deserved value-for-money award in this year's International Wine Challenge. It's delicately scented, with a classy depth of fruit and complexity which develops and lingers, exceptional in this price range.
- 2006 Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" - Wine Gang - UK - September 2009 - 93 points:Polished, finely chiselled, unoaked Chardonnay from Burgundy. The nose has nutty, wheaty, mineral notes and fresh, white peach fruit. The palate adds a savoury, flinty character, a soft, chalky texture and balancing acidity.
- 2006 Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" - Jancis Robinson - UK - July 23rd 2009 - 14.5:Limpid and quite sweet.
- 2006 Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" - Joanna Simon on Wine and Food - UK - August 24th 2009:This is fresh, yet supple and rounded, with lightly toasted wheat and walnut notes, scented white peach, steelier, more mineral flavours and a fine texture.
- 2006 Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" - Guardian.co.uk - UK - August 14th 2009:Fragrant, creamy lemon and pineapple tones with an oaky edge and a full, ripe lemon flavour that evolves with hints of mineral complexity developing.
- 2006 Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" - Livingscotsman.com - Will Lyons - July 19th 2009:It sits in the glass pale gold, with a delicate aroma of honey and just a touch of flowery petals. What's more, it does the job of masquerading as something a little more expensive.
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" 2005 - La Revue du Vin de France - Les Meilleurs Vins 2008 - 14/20
- 2004 Pouilly Vinzelles "En Paradis" - Burghound.com - July 2006 - 85-87 points :An exceptionally fresh and expressive nose redolent of floral and slightly spicy aromas that introduce round, sweet, forward and acceptably rich flavors that tighten up on the mineral-infused finish. The freshness is appealing.
- 2004 Pouilly Vinzelles "En Paradis" - - Wine Advocate - June 2006 - 86 points :Revealing a nose of spiced pears, the 2004 is rich, satin-textured, and soft. A simple yet delicious medium-bodied offering, it reveals tea and spice flavors. Drink it over the next 1-2 years.
- 2003 Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" - I love French Wine and Food - Levi Reiss - Canada - December 29th 2008This pretty wine from the Maconnais is pale yellow in color and has a beautiful nose of lemon, honey, apple, and tropical fruit. It is elegant and pleasing revealing hazelnut and fruit flavors on tasting. This wine is perfect for drinking now.
- 2003 Pouilly-Vinzelles “En Paradis” - Burghound.com - October 2005 - 86 points :A hint of botrytis highlights fresh and slightly sweet aromas of peach and apricot that give way to fresh, round and nicely punchy flavors and a delicious, easy to like finish that in contrast to the nose is quite dry. 86/now
- 2001 Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" - Wine Advocate - April 23rd, 2003 - 87-89 points :Spices and ripe pears can be detected in the nose excellent Pouilly-Vinzelles 2001 it reveals impressive depth, a supple, inviting fruitforward personality, as well as loads of apple compote and poached pear flavors. This is a medium-bodied, expressive wine with a sultry mounthfeel. Drink it over the next 2-3 years.
- 2001 Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" - La Revue du Vin de France - February 2006 :Strawy robe, with an emerald hue. Pleasingly smoky bouquet; mineral palate that brings forth white peach, exotic fruit, and mango aromas. Linden hints, great overall balance, increase of complexity. Can be enjoyed now.
- 2001 Pouilly Vinzelles « En Paradis » - Wine International - March 2005 - 90 points :This unoaked wine is weighty and waxy in texture, with floral aromas, a palate of apple charlotte and pear flavours and hints of honey and cream.
- 2001 Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Pardis" - Wine International - September 2004 :Lovely perfumed, floral and intriguing, with a creamy, rich, subtle palate. This is good, gentle and compex.
- 2001Pouilly Vinzelles "En Paradis" - Burghound.com - July 2003 - 83 points :The barest hint of wood complements citrus and juicy green fruit notes with clean, bright but frankly dilute flavors that offer good freshness and a short finish. Drink now.
- 2000 Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" - Wine Enthusiast - August 2002 - 85 points : With a sweet nose of honey, malt and Golden Delicious apples, this is a fairly weighty Chardonnay from an hunheralded appellation. The slightly oily herb and peach flavours pick up more butterscotch on the finish, yet remain crisp and clean.
- Pouilly-Vinzelles "En Paradis" - Decanter's Best New Release, 2002The latest addition to Maison Latour's portfolio. The wine is 100% Chardonnay, from just outside the Pouilly-Fuissé boundaries. elegant floral bouquet with notes of citrus and apple. Crisp palate with delicate, clean aromas and a creamy finish. Attractive for summer drinking.