- RegionCôte de Beaune
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilLimestone, alluvial sand and gravel
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential6-8 years
- Serving temperature 14-15°
- Aloxe-Corton has been the home of the Latour family and the heart of Domaine Louis Latour for centuries. The village of Aloxe-Corton is located in the north of the Côte de Beaune on a stony hillside at the foot of the hill of Corton. It was in 1862 that the name of the climat Corton was added to the village name Aloxe. The vineyards of Domaine Louis Latour surround this famous village and yield a classic Aloxe-Corton.
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 15% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteThis light ruby colored wine is complex with intense red pinot fruit aromas. Flavours of cherry are complemented with floral notes and some earthy hints. In the mouth, this 2004 Aloxe-Corton is very well-balanced, with supple tannins. A length and harmony that will evolve beautifully within a few years.
- Food Pairing"Coq au vin" - flash-fried steak - red meat - mature cheeses
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2016 - Wine Spectator - May 2018 - 92/100
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2015 - Wine Enthusiast - November 2017 - 90/100
The wine has a good structure with sophisticated tannins and perfumed acidity. Black cherry and spice from the wood are balanced by the freshness of the acidity and the rounded aftertaste. (USA)
- Aloxe-Corton 2015 - Burghound.com - April 2017 - 89/100
This is quite ripe yet the still reasonably fresh liqueur-like aromas of dark berries, plum, game and earth nuances stop short of being jammy or roasted. There is fine richness and concentration to the round, generously proportioned and sappy medium-bodied flavors that possess an attractive mid-palate texture before concluding in a rustic but not really austere finale. This is sufficiently structured to reward a few years of cellaring but not so much that it couldn't be enjoyed young. 2021+ Allen Meadows (USA)
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2014 - Wine Enthusiast - October 2016 - 88/100
From the Louis Latour domaine, this rich wine is lightly touched with wood. It has red-plum flavors and ripe acidity, with the structure embedded in the fruits. Drink from 2019.
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2014 - Burghound.com - April 2016 - 89/100
A discreet application of wood frames a fresh array of earth, game and red and dark currant scents. There is once again good verve and detail to the solidly well-concentrated medium-bodied flavors that are shaped by ripe tannins on the rustic but attractively complex and persistent finale. /2021+ - Allen Meadows
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2012 - Sommeliers International - October 2015
The Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2012 already expresses interesting flavours on the palate. The typicality of the Pinot Noir is obvious with the notes of black fruits. By Nelson Chow
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2012 - Burghound.com - April 2014 - "A lovely sense of energy"A pretty red berry fruit nose possesses background hints of violets and earth nuances. The supple and round middle weight flavors have a lovely sense of energy on the acceptably persistent and complex finish. This will drink well young if desired. 2016+ By Allen Meadows (USA)
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2011 - Allen Meadows - Burghound.com - May 2013 - 87/100A fresh and ripe nose mixes notes of both red and dark berries plus noticeable earth character. There is good richness to the delicious and easy-to-like flavors that are already approachable. This is on the fruit-driven side but with enough depth to be interesting. 2014+
- Aloxe-Corton 2011 - Jancis Robinson - February 2013 - 15.5/20 Lightish crimson. Lightly peppery and spiced. On the lean side but lively and fresh. Drink 2014-2017. By Julia Harding MW.
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2011 - Tim Atkin 2011 Burgundy Special Report - UK - 89/100
- Aloxe-Corton « Domaine Latour » 2011 - The World of Fine Wine - February 2013 - 15.5/20Ripe but piquant sour-cherry nose. Medium bodied, quite tannic, reasonably concentrated; some grip and length. By Stephen Brook (UK)
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2010 - Burghound.com - April 2012 - 88/100A fresh and pretty red and dark berry fruit nose also evidences hints of earth and a sauvage character that is also picked up by the nicely rich and round flavors that possess enough mid-palate density and supporting tannins to suggest a maturation curve of 6 to 8 years. By Allen Meadows (USA)
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2009 - The Sunday Business Post - February 2015 - 92/100
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2009 - Burghound.com - May 2011 - 86/100A notably ripe nose of plum and dark berry fruit liqueur leads to earth-suffused, rich and rather suave middle weight flavors that offer good flesh and extract [...] By Allen Meadows (USA)
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2009 - Jancis Robinson - January 2011 - 16/20Light cherry red. Just a little sweaty on the nose. But very firm and punchy on the palate. Crunchy, grainy tannins and pretty dry on the end for the moment but the fruit is fresh on the palate. Just a little austere at the moment. Drink 2013-2017. (USA)
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2007 - June 2011 - Sommelier Wine Awards 2011 - Bronze MedalBeginning quite shy on the nose, with savoury, reserved fruit, the textured palate is dominated by red fruit and has a long finish.
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2007 - Wine Spectator - March 2010 - 91/100This beauty is very expressive of the vintage: elegant, silky and full of raspberry, licorice and spice flavors. Stays vibrant and firmly structured right through the sweet spice and mineral aftertaste. Best from 2011 through 2020. - By Bruce Sanderson (USA).
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2006 - Burghound.com - April 2008 - 85-88/100A touch of reduction knocks down the nose but the middle weight flavors offer good freshness on the red berry-infused finish that displays mild rusticity. 2011+. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2005 - Wine Enthusiast - May 2008 - 89/100
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2005 - Burghound.com - April 2007 - 87/100As it should be, this is substantially refined and elegant, indeed it's very pinot with an airy mix of red berry fruits and supple, textured and delicious flavors that offer a seductive mouth feel on the firm but not drying finish. This is not overly deep or complex but it's a competent villages. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Aloxe Corton "Domaine Latour" 2004 - Burghound.com - April 2006 - 86-88/100Light ruby. An interesting nose of earth, briar and red pinot fruit aromas gives way to fresh, sweet and solidly detailed flavors that also possess an attractive sense of underlying minerality and a complex, dusty and mouth coating finish. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2003 - Burghound.com - April 2005 - 88/100Perhaps the mos appealing of all of these villages level wines as the beguiling nose of plum, cassis and oriental spice merges into powerful, concentrated and palate staining flavors that deliver excellent length. No, it's not espacially elegant but it is very Aloxe in style yet remains a balanced and pure effort. 2010+. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2003 - Vinavisen Magazine - February 2005 - 5 stars :A very charming red wine with spicy aromas and a lingering after taste. It can be enjoyed now, but will with no doubt be sublime if allowed to cellar.
- Aloxe Corton "Domaine Latour" 2003 - Wine Enthusiast - September 2005 - 87/100A pleasingly ripe, rich wine that has very sweet fruit flavours. Red jelly is the dominant character, with some light tannic structure to hold it together. (USA)
- Aloxe Corton "Domaine Latour" 2002 - La Revue du Vin de France - February 2006 Medium robe. Incredibly raspberry nose, floral notes, slight spicy hint. Fleshy on the palate, very fruity finale, in a direct way, an easy drink as of now.
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2001 - Burghound.com - April 2004 - 86/100Fresh and rich on the nose with sweet and nicely sappy flavors underpinned by firm tannins that are somewhat better integrated though the finish clearly reflects their presence. 2007-11. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2000 - Woon Magazine Denmark - October-November 2005The wine has a burst of fruity notes that with great finesse reminds us of blackcurrants and gooseberies aromas.
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 2000 - Burghound.com - April 2003 - 85/1002000 Aloxe-Corton. Also very light ruby followed by elegant, precise, nicely intense fruit and light weight, pretty, complex flavors and acceptable length. This could benefit from mid-palate density though it is appealing in its fashion because of its lovely balance. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Aloxe-Corton "Domaine Latour" 1998 - The French Wine Guide Hachette 2002 '...This pale-ruby '98 with vermilion highlights opens up when exposed to the air, with aromas of truffles and undergrowth. The griotte cherry flavour bravely resists the powerful tannins on the palate, waiting for that precious resource - time - which brings order to everything and every wine.'