- RegionCôte de Nuits
- AppellationMorey-Saint-Denis Premier Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilChalk and limestone
- Average yield35 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential7-10 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- The village of Morey-Saint-Denis can be found just to the south of Gevrey-Chambertin and produces wines that are predominantly red and which were not distinguished from its neighbours until the strict application of the Appellation Contrôlée laws in the 1930's. The Premier Cru selection made by Louis Latour for this Morey-Saint-Denis is very rigorous. The best vines only are permitted to be harvested and only if the sugar content at the time of harvest has reached the correct level.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 40% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, french oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteThe wine is powerful and concentrated with ample dark fruit and enough acidity to balance the wine. Cellaring this wine will allow it to develop to show its full potential.
- Food PairingGame birds - red meat - mature cheeses