Aloxe-Corton 1er Cru"Clos du Chapitre"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationAloxe-Corton Premier Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential10-15 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- Our Aloxe-Corton 1er Cru "Clos du Chapitre" is named after the canons who were important land-owners in Burgundy in the thirteenth century. They belonged to the bishop's inner-circle and were known as the Cathedral Order (or 'chapitre cathédraux' in French) . Even today, many parcels carry the name "Clos du chapitre" such as in Gevrey-Chambertin, Fixin and Aloxe-Corton. In the heart of the village of Aloxe-Corton in the locality of "Les Meix" and completely surrounded by walls, our "Clos du Chapitre" yields a powerful and elegant wine.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 35% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteDeep ruby color. Raspberry and spice on the nose with some earthy aromas. Nice body with red and dark fruit, earth and spice on the palate. Great complexity and nice structure. Long finish.
- Food PairingGame birds - poultry - mature cheeses